Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sigh . . . of Relief, Actually LOTs of Rambling, Yay!

-Thank God there are 31 days in July and August. There was some interesting way of remembering which months had 31 days ones but I never can recall that mnemonic device.

-At one point, I wrote that I would use this blog as a ledger of what I spend. I haven't been entirely truthful as I left out some purchases I bought at the Gap and Banana Republic, but I returned most of those items except for this:
http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=16814&vid=1&pid=859018&scid=859018002

There was a 30% discount and I am in need of tops that do not require tucking in, therefore the purchase. Actually I am always in search of tops that do not require being tucked in. I never tuck in a shirt unless I am wearing a sweater long enough to cover my upper hip. I love longer cardigans for this reason.

With my time off today, instead of reading about world history and how to make it meaningful, I bought several items:
1. Emersonmade skirt: http://www.emersonmade.com/collections/skirts-dresses/products/pockets-skirt-red-twill
Now I just wrote that I never tuck in anything. This skirt will require tucking in, but since it's high-waisted, I don't foresee it will be a problem and if not, I will just return it.
2. I did indeed buy the Brooks Brothers dress from the last post. It's 92 degrees and I buy a wool dress. I know that's not being a smart shopper because who knows if it will go on sale? But I just find it so hard buying a dress that fits all my criteria that I just decided to buy it since I was still thinking about it.

There's a similar dress in the J. Crew fall lookbook that I am excited about and will probably buy it in two colors if it works.

I realize if something works for you in terms of fashion, you SHOULD ALWAYS buy that item in multiple colors because you never know if they will stop making the item. I made that mistake with the Calypso Pazzi dress. I actually bought it in three colors (a hot pink, vibrant violet, and black, but of course the hot pink one shrank in the wash), but think I should have bought it in at least seven since it came in a really wide range of colors one season. Seven sounds a lot, but these dresses are so comfortable and low maintenance and they look nice dressed up or down. SIGH. I go to ebay every now and then to see if Pazzi is up for grabs, but generally what's available are XS and M sizes. At one point there was a small, but of course it was in this light orange color that few people could pull off (myself not included).

You know what, I sometimes think I am very much like the character, No Face, in the movie, Spirited Away (well as far as how greedy I can get when it comes to material things).

No comments:

Post a Comment