Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Writing a Profile

So I have a lot on my mind. I have work-related tasks that I should be working on so that my life will be more relaxing in the future. I should also use the time I have to spend more time with God and actually attend church. Last year was so exhausting that I preferred sleeping in than attending church. And one more other should - I should enter into the world of online dating. Yes, online dating!

The thing with online dating that I am concerned about at the moment is writing the profile. I've looked into eharmony and match.com and wow, some of the examples they give on match.com are quite good! They're not too long, to the point, and at times clever or slightly charming. The thing about me is that I am not charming or flirty at all. I am one of those people who likes to get to the point and just list and perhaps write examples. Not exactly endearing or clever, but oh brother. Writing like that is agonizing but I just want to get on with it! I hate thinking, "Does this sound good or stupid? Oh what should I do?" And then I think and wait and then write more stupid crap. Eharmony's setup is a bit easier to deal with in writing a profile but even then there are people with some well-written, impressive profiles.

Not only is your description important, but of course you need a profile picture. Lately I've been finding that depending on the lighting and my expression, I look completely different in a number of photos. It's a bit alarming and annoying and it's now making me even more self-conscious and wondering what I can do to improve my appearance. I've even gone into watching youtube videos of random women demonstrating how to put on makeup. I have no idea how to apply eye shadow and I do not have double lids. It's a bit more complicated than I thought! The brushes, the different shadows to use, wondering which products are better. . . The time and the money to do this! Ugh!!

I suppose I should look at all of this as a fun foray into meeting new people but does it have to take this much time?

And then I have all these books to read and I've been merely skimming some of them when they really need to be read!

I do apologize for all this whining, but that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment