Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Revelation

I think I understand why I've felt this need to buy things. It's the feeling of "I deserve this! I never see anyone and am not enjoying my life, so I should be justified in shopping online - it's one pleasure that is at my finger tips since I have to use the internet anyway."
The more I think about it though, the more that justification just seems stupid. I've also been browsing way too many style blogs and that makes me feel compelled all the more to look cool and put together (in addition to other pressures). Sigh.
Complain, complain.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you should feel like it's a stupid justification! You're so right that it's such an easy way to make yourself happy (albeit temporarily). I used to do that a lot, especially during our time at STEP. I would go and buy novels or earrings or whatnot just to spend time, just to not be thinking about everything else. It was a short-lived pleasure, but it seemed to help at the time.

    Besides, you're working so hard and earning, so you have every right to spend it =)

    ReplyDelete