Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday Nights

I always look forward to Fridays because I know then that there generally is some give when I get home from a long day (because there is no school on Saturday). At this point though, I don't think I can even kick back on Fridays. My body tells me, "You need this! You can't do work today or you will just freak out." Then my mind and everything else is saying, "You need all the time you can get because you're behind and everything is disorganized!" I never realized how type A you should be to be a good teacher among other qualities that you need such as being super super smart andcreative, having never-ending reserves of energy and a great sense of humor - all of which I do not have. (Type A in the sense that you get everything done as soon as it is given to you and that you know where everything is - which is so not the case for me. Super super smart so that you know all there is to know about various historical topics. Creative in the sense that you're not always "giving" them information but are finding ways so that they can learn the information themselves and make the learning more interactive and tailored to the needs of all students. Great sense of humor so that you can deliver the information in a funny and entertaining way and also be able to create an atmosphere where students feel at ease and like you.) If I were to take a picture of my workspace right now, all you would see is a sea of paper and I have yet to organize all of the paper that is in my backpack (aka a bag of bricks according to another teacher).

It's 10:41 PM and all I want to do is go to sleep. I have a hunch that I will do just that, but boy, I don't want to set the alarm though I should! (I don't know why my blog is set to California time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment