Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Boo

My school has two photocopy machines: one for the middle school and one for the high school. Both machines are somewhat older and they are leased from Xerox. These machines are notorious for breaking down. Last year the school had no working photocopiers for one whole week because it could not get a repairman to fix the copiers!

As a social studies teacher, what do you do since you need to look at primary sources? You go to Staples! Or, you go and print it out from the comfort of your own home.
Right now I am in the process of writing the multiple-choice portion of the first unit test (part I) for my AP World students. I originally intended to put 70 questions on the test to reflect AP test conditions, but I realize that's ridiculous due to two reasons:
1. too many pages
2. the questions will become too specific

We've covered 12 chapters and I broke the unit into two. Right now I am on question 37 and already have 7 pages. Thank goodness I only have 14 students in the class!! I am regretting breaking the unit into two and having the test over four days (one day for multiple choice, one day for essay - two units - therefore 4 days devoted to testing, grrr).

We are starting to get behind and I am getting anxious as I want to finish the second unit by December and test them for the end of the second marking period. We shall see how things go tonight with all this printing and with next quarter. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment