Sunday, November 28, 2010

Oh brother

Every single item you own should have a place where it belongs or a designated storage area. As a teacher this is necessary. As a human being living on this earth, it is also necessary. Of course being the disorganized and messy person that I am, I do not do that!!

It just occurred to me that I lost a costly watch. I have absolutely no idea where it is. The fact that this happened freaks me out (I did find all the scantrons for those unit tests by the way). It's like another incident where I hid a costly necklace because I didn't want a maintenance/repair man (I had a number of heating issues in that apartment) looking through my belongings and stealing it and then I forgot the hiding place. The last time I wore this watch was probably during a faculty meeting the day before school started. After that I have no recollection of where the watch could be. I thought I put it in its proper pouch and left it on the shelf. Boo.

On a random note, I watched Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving (the historical one) four times the day before Thanksgiving (with my students mind you) and bits and pieces of the modern one. I think I am in a number of ways like Charlie Brown.

Update: I found my watch! It was indeed on a shelf! I doubt I will ever find the necklace though. I think it's buried in the couch or in some secret crevice in that studio. Whoever lives there and finds it will be quite lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment