Monday, September 5, 2011

Dun, Dun, Dun

The school year will start on Wednesday!!!!!!
I am a bit wary since all of my classes will be just ninth graders. They were the most needy of all students I taught and they also require teachers to be very creative in how to teach! I am so out of the loop as far as technology is concerned. In retrospect I could have engaged the students by having them do the learning themselves through interactive projects. The hard part is coming up with the ideas for these projects and how to implement the technology needed to accomplish the required goals.

-This past summer I got to sleep quite a bit (which is good). I became quite lazy too. Now it's time to step on the gas.

-I realized that I missed attending church once I started attending more regularly over the summer. I am hoping that I will be able to keep this commitment and not succumb to the Sunday blues, sleep deprivation, and stress.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck this year Patty! That's interesting that we both have all 9th graders this year =) I'm always surprised by how much consistent and repetitive norming is required in each grade level, especially 9th. I guess we have to be brave and keep at it if we want the rest of our year to be smooth (I've got lots of explicit norming to re-teach this week, ah!). Good luck again and hope you have a fun year with the kids too =)

    ReplyDelete